Nonprofit Leadership Collaborative
The American Leadership Forum is a founding partner of the Nonprofit Leadership Collaborative (NLC). The NLC was formed in 1999 as a cooperative venture committed to the development of community leadership.
Members of the Nonprofit Leadership Collaborative include:
• American Leadership Forum
• Center for Houston’s Future
• Episcopal Health Foundation
• Houston Arts Alliance
• The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
• United Way of Greater Houston
By providing access to national thought leaders addressing issues relevant to individuals and organizations engaged in community service,
the Collaborative has nurtured a critical dialogue among those charged with the task of ensuring organizational effectiveness.
Specifically, the NLC was established to strengthen the leadership of Houston-area nonprofit organizations. The goals of the NLC are to:
• Challenge board and staff leaders to examine their mutual capacity to influence the future of their organizations.
• Stimulate creative thinking about leaders’ contributions to the success of their organizations
• Create opportunities for leaders from diverse segments of the nonprofit sector to network and share ideas.
• Enhance access to leadership development resources for the nonprofit sector.
The Collaborative has offered an annual thought-provoking symposium featuring a nationally recognized speaker in a format designed to stimulate dialogue among local corporate, nonprofit and community leaders. Presenters have included Frances Hesselbein, Robert Putnam, Benjamin Zander, Ronald Heifetz, William Isaacs, Marshall Goldsmith, William Duggan, Peter Block, Dan Heath, Jennifer James, Jim Kouzes, Julio Olalla, Dan Pallotta, Adam Bryant and several others.